With SNAP IN, installation and maintenance work can be performed as quickly as snapping your fingers. The new connection is as simple in principle as it is to use: The stripped conductor is inserted directly into open connection points and the snap connection snaps into place with a click. And it‘s just as fast the other way round. Simply press the pusher and the connection point re-opens immediately.
Material-saving wiring without tools and time-consuming crimping of wire-end ferrules.
Thanks to the unique "mouse-trap principle", the SNAP IN connection connects in record time.
Security you can hear! A noticeable "click" noise signals a secure connection.
Significant acceleration of installation and maintenance processes through minimised time and material expenditure.
With the innovative SNAP IN connection, fully automated wiring processes can become a reality.
Integrated test point and pusher to open the connection point for convenient maintenance
SNAP IN is the first genuinely tool-free wire connection on the market. The innovative new spring mechanism connects both rigid and flexible conductors as soon as they are inserted.
Make secure connections simply and completely without tools—with SNAP IN you can do it in record time! Convince yourself with a click to the video.
The new one- and three-level RockStar® ModuPlug modules with SNAP IN connection technology open up unimagined possibilities especially for distribution solutions on the otherwise unused inside of the control cabinet. Take the example of motor control in low-voltage switchgear to see for yourself the impressive advantages of this innovative, pluggable solution in the IP20 environment.
No matter which type of system you implement for which application — Weidmüller has the right connection for you. If required, we can provide you with inserts with various connection systems and their respective advantages. Now also with the new, future-proof SNAP IN system!
- Significant acceleration of installation and maintenance processes in the field
- Tool-free - exclusively from Weidmüller
- Saves material and time, since crimping on of wire end ferrules is unnecessary Insert stripped,
- Flexible, stranded wire into open connection point until “click” is audible
- Secure connection that withstands even severe shocks and vibrations reliably
- Tool-free vibration-resistant and gas-tight connection
- Stripped solid-core conductor is simply inserted into the terminal point until it butts against the end stop
- Flexible conductors with crimped wire end ferrules or ultrasonicwelded conductors can be connected without any problems
- Stainless steel compression spring guarantees high contact force between the conductor and the current bar
- Spring and conductor stops ensure optimum connection conditions and a guide for the screwdriver to detach the conductor
- Higher pull-out force than tension clamp system
- Wires are fed into a metal sleeve, which is then squeezed together with a special tool
- Corrosion and vibration proof connection
- Contacts can be crimped on the conductor outside of the connector and then inserted into the connector
- Separation of mechanical and electrical functions
- Low contact resistance and high corrosion resistance
- Tension spring, made from high-quality rustproof and acid-proof steel, pulls the conductor against the tin-plated copper current bar
- Resistant to vibrations and high wire pull-out force
- Gas-tight, vibration-proof connection
- Excellent contact force
- Perfectly suited for use in corrosive environments
- Suited for connecting solid-core and flexible stranded conductors
- Wire-protection frame ensures that finely-stranded wires will not splice off
- Small space taken up by the contact
- Extremely easy to use
- To make up the connection, the tool and conductor are held in a line
- Three steps for a secure connection: strip the conductor, insert the wire into the contact chamber, screw in the contact
Discover our highlights at our virtual fair world. Immerse yourself in Weidmüller's digital fair world and learn more about the topics Smart Factory, solutions for the shop floor, end-to-end connections and interfaces, charging infrastructure for electromobility and exciting product innovations.