About the interfaces
In this section you will find the detailed descriptions for the integrated ECAD interfaces. The ECAD integration Plug-in’s are developed with the target to accelerate your engineering process during the planning with EPLAN P8 or Zuken E3. This is achieved by exchanging project data of all used terminals with its assigned accessories between the systems. The following figure displays the functional data exchange process with its “Import” and “Export” channels
- Importing terminal strips from ECAD to the configurator.
- The integrated import-assistant is managing the mapping for terminal strips from ECAD to physical rails.
- Transfer the terminal marking designation from ECAD to the WMC on an appropriate suggested marker article.
- Generic planning allows you to start engineering in an ECAD tool with just the logical function (symbol) and afterwards the configurator suggests an appropriate article for this functionID.
- Supplementation of accessories by using the auto solve function and exporting back to ECAD
- Adding several terminals in the configurator including its required accessories, afterwards supplementing the device manager in ECAD with these articles
- For user doing the panel planning within the ECAD (i.e. E3 Panel, EPLAN Pro Panel) the import and export supports the transfer of placement information.
After the import from ECAD you have the opportunity to add accessories, new components or furthermore placing an existing configuration into an appropriate enclosure by using the new enclosure assistant. At this point of your configuration you can use our service and send your request directly from the Weidmüller Configurator.